Logistics Manager (Night) Dublin ERL003
Our Dublin based client is currently seeking a Transport Manager on a night-shift basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee Warehouse, Garage and Yard.
- Maintain suitable staffing levels.
- Ensure continuous compliance to all transport regulations.
- Check transporter locations regularly to ensure they are located as planned.
- Lead, motivate and manage the logistics staff in the delivery of excellent standards of logistics, system development and support services.
- Implement and maintain best practices logistics management throughout the company.
- Manage and coordinate of all logistics activities.
- Responsible for management of freight companies, duty and contracts.
- Prepare logistics and freight budgets and cost reductions.
- Initiate appropriate corrective action when sub-standard performance or issues arise.
- Communicate professionally, effectively and assertively with drivers and harness good working relations.
- Plan and assign loads to drivers (including route & journey time planning) and ensure all drivers are aware of their allocated job, giving full consideration to all health and safety regulations.
- Ensure continuous improvement of operational efficiencies while reducing costs and to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Supervise loading, ensuring efficiency and safety provide training and development as required ensure trailers are loaded within allocated times for dispatch. Arrange line haul transfers between depots.
- Previous experience in a transport and logistics role.
- Successful applicants must have the ability to think on their feet and have a proactive work ethic.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to adapt and change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills ability to lead and delegate.
- Able to report to management and monitor KPIs.
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and meet critical deadlines.
Salary: €45,000 to €50,000
Apply online with your current CV with ‘Logistics Manager (Night) Dublin ERL003’ in the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time