We are currently recruiting for a Transport Planner on behalf of our client in the Cavan area.
Our client has modern fleet of over 120 trucks and 400 trailers working throughout Ireland, UK and Europe.
The role will support our existing team working to ensure the best service for our customers while ensuring compliance for our drivers with regards to health and safety and driver legislation.
- Plan workload effectively and communicate work to drivers in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage delivery times and route planning throughout Ireland, UK and Europe
- Manage workload through our in house system Stratum
- Assist with scheduling of transporters for service/maintenance checks
- Work on own initiative but also as part of a team
- Any other ad hoc duties as required from time to time by Management
- Qualification in logistics/or related discipline
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience of planning national & international trucks
- Experience in import and export requirements
- The candidate must have a good knowledge of drivers hours
- Computer literate and experience of various IT systems
- A team player with a flexible, positive attitude towards work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have excellent inter-personal skills for both internal and external customers
- Good problem solving skills, planning and organisation skills
- An ability to work well under pressure
Schedule: Full time planner required
Job Type: Full-time